2021 Legislative Session Information
Session will open on Wednesday, January 20th, 2021 and adjourn (Sine Die) on Thursday, April 29th, 2021.
Since the Hawaii State Capitol remains closed to the public, all hearings will be conducted virtually.
In December 2020, a Sunset Evaluation was completed by the State on Chapter 465-D. This review evaluated the need for the existence of the Behavior Analyst Licensing Program. The findings of the evaluation were in support for the continuation of our program to protect the health, safety, and welfare of children and adults receiving services from behavior analysts. If you would like to review a copy of the Auditor's summary, please email [email protected]
Submit Testimony to Preserve the Behavior Analyst Licensing Program
Currently, there are four high priority bills relating to our licensure law. Two are in support of removing the sunset date and two that seek additional exemptions. Please consider submitting testimony to protect our consumers and make our licensure law permanent!
To create an individual capitol account please follow the steps below:
1. Go to capital.hawaii.gov
2. Click on "Register" on top right corner
3. Fill in your personal information and agree to terms
4. Click "create user"
5. Confirm email
If you wish to receive notifications on the status of bills including when testimony is due and remote hearings will occur please follow the steps below:
1. Set up your individual capitol account
2. In the middle of the screen, select “Measure Tracking”
3. Enter a name for the list, such as, “2021 Bills relating to Applied Behavior Analysis”
4. Select “Show List”
5. Type in bill name, one at a time (SB606, SB611, SB805 and HB471) and select “Add a Measure”